One of the Technical Assistance Granteeâ€™s (TAG Team) responsibilities was to develop a series of publications detailing the work of the CIAIP grantee initiatives and disseminate them widely. The purpose of these publications is threefold: 1) To document the granteesâ€™ work and report successes and challenges; 2) To summarize lessons learned from the granteesâ€™ and the TAGâ€™s experiences; and 3) To communicate these lessons learned and resources to organizations around the country that are planning to implement aging in place initiatives in their own communities.
To these ends, the TAG Team has prepared several types of reports:
This report includes background information on the CIAIP program and the history of the U.S. Administration on Agingâ€™s support of aging in place initiatives; a framework describing the types of aging in place initiatives the CIAIP grantees implemented (as well as a more generic framework); and lessons learned by the grantees and the TAG Team.
Descriptions of CIAIP Grantee Projects
These descriptions include grantee goals, selected accomplishments, products, and contact information.
- Click on the project names in the column on the left for project descriptions
These provide in-depth information on selected CIAIP grantee initiatives.
- Lifelong Mableton: a Pilot of Building Lifelong Communities in South Cobb County
- Reach: Vermont Rural Elder Assistance for Care and Health
- SHARE: Services to Help at Risk Elders
- Seniors Count Community Connections
More Case Studies Coming Soon
These briefs are reports on themes that CIAIP initiatives had in common, such as the challenges of conducting evaluations and making sustainability plans.
- Implementing Evidence-Based Programming
- Program Evaluation
- CIAIP Grantee Strategies for Sustainability
More Briefs Coming Soon
Resources and Tools
These resources and tools developed by the TAG Team, CIAIP grantees, and others may be useful for organizations interested in developing aging in place projects in their own communities.
- To find resources and tools developed by the CIAIP grantees or the TAG Team click here and select â€œCIAIP Grantee Developedâ€ or â€œCIAIP TAG Developedâ€ from the â€œAll Topicsâ€ dropdown menu.